Self Consciousness Vs The Conscious Self: "Thoughts on Submission "

A slave said to her Master, "I now realize the difference between being self-conscious and being conscious of self." Puzzled, the Master replied, "And what is the difference?" The slave said, "The difference comes down to being self-aware of what everyone else sees versus being aware of my 'self'". The Master replied, "And how do you see yourself?"  The slave looked deeply into his eyes and replied, " Being aware of my self means I put myself second. I say to myself, "I am aware of how I am dressed. I am aware of the actions that I take and the things that I do. Yet, my only concern is whether or not my Master is pleased with my thoughts, my words, my dress and my actions.  This keeps my thoughts and words in line with Yours. It reminds me to dress in the way that You like. It reminds me to do as I am told.  Being conscious of self and not being self-conscious means that I am putting my SELF second, for You...and this the key to submission."

Orpheus Black

Popular Posts