Orpheus Black on Gender Equality

It’s hard for me to believe that in this day, in this age and in this country that spouts the credo of " one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all" that we are still divided on the issue of equality and justice for all. 

But isn't this the real American way. We will find any reason to discriminate against some group of people. It’s like we always have to have a "them" to point at so that some of us feel superior. At one time it was based on the color of your skin or your country of origin and now it’s all about whom you love and how you love them.

It is my firm belief that Government has no jurisdiction in my bedroom or in my relationship and I, just like every other human being, should be able to recognize and be recognized by my country as a lawfully wed couple regardless of our gender.

Orpheus Black 



Popular Posts