Does a person have to have someone in there life in order to come into this lifestyle?


The answer is No. A person doesn't have to have someone in there life in order to come into the BDSM / Fetish lifestyle. But, I must say that it does make things much more difficult. Why? Because this lifestyle is not only about possessing skills so that you can enact them safely but its also about being able to create a connection with another human being that can be cultivated into a loving, caring D/s dynamic that is filled with reciprocity. And that's not ease if you are alone.

My advice to new Dominants is that they should start out by attending kink / Fetish / BDSM related classes. This way you can start getting familiar with the basic like, the implements we use and how to use them safely.

But attending classes is not just for Dominants because one of the bi-products of classes is that you will get to meet other people that are also into what you are into. And lets face it that's half the battle.

Next, read books that are related to what you want to get into. My personal opinion is that most fetish books suck (accept for mine.... wink) but they can help you allot with learning the lexicon. For me, its important that people are not only able to communicate effectively but are able to understand what is being said to them. This will come in handy when you start negotiating play and will help you when you are discussing related topics in those classes.So learning the "BDSM" language is important.

Lastly, attend a few functions and related parties. Going out and socializing with others that share your interest is more than important. Mainly because you get to see people doing what you want to do. I cant tell you how many people i have met that thought they wanted to try something and changed there mind after it was done. In addition, you can often ask questions about what the people have just done and gleam more information as time passes.

I would also say that if you plan on attending functions or doing anything with people you don't know always let someone know where you are going, when you arrive and when you leave. That is supper important.   Dating in the lifestyle is just like internet dating, while danger is unlikely it is always better to air on the side of caution.

Last question, "If a woman approached You any told you she has never been in a relationship, not dating and wants to be your sub: how would you respond?"

I would start with "Hi my name is Orpheus and you are... ?" LOL... OK Seriously... I would start a dialogue and try to find out what she is interested in and what she wants from a dynamic with me. Then I would tell her what I have to offer and what I would expect from her and based on a little dialogue and time I would see if things could work.

See there is a difference between meeting some one and negotiating a little kinky fun and creating a dynamic. Play means that I am responsible for your safety and well being for an hour or two. A dynamic means that I responsible for your safety, happiness, well being etc... for an unspecified amount of time. I always say that I don't train slaves... I create life partners for not only me but my family. And when I enter into a dynamic with a person i have every expectation that it can or will be a life long commitment. So I don't take these things lightly.

Popular Posts